The Dan Marino Foundation
Summer Living Program at
Florida International University (FIU) &
Nova Southeastern University (NSU)
Exploration, Socialization & Independence
The Dan Marino Foundation is offering an exciting opportunity for young adults with disabilities who would like to experience living away from home.
The Summer Living Program will be held on the Nova Southeastern University Davie Campus and Florida International University-South Campus in Miami. Participants will take part in a variety of activities that promote social growth and independence on and off campus
- Young adults with developmental disabilities ages 18 to 28.
- Ability to self-administer all medications.
- Ability to navigate the community with supports at a 1:8 ratio.
Young adults will participate in activities focusing on employment, health, personal finance and leadership. Social activities include art, fitness, cooking, music, games, and group recreational activities. Participants will learn time management, meal preparation, and self- care skills.
Marino Campus staff will provide 24 hour support and facilitate all activities during the day as well as supervising participants throughout the evening.
Private rooms, all meals, and all activities are included at no extra charge.
$1,500 per session
$75 non-refundable application fee
Session A: July 3 – July 8
Session B: July 10 – July 15
Session C: July 17 – July 22
Session D: July 24 – July 29
Upon receipt of the application and application fee, the Admissions Office will review the application, determine eligibility, and schedule an interview for the candidate and his/her parent/caregiver with our Social Support staff. Interview can be conducted via Skype, for applicants who live out of the area.
Summer Living Program Application
The first step is to complete and submit the online application. It is advised you gather all information listed below prior to starting the process. The NON-REFUNDABLE application fee of $75 must be submitted before the application can be completed. The fee may be paid online by credit card only. The application will automatically be submitted to the Admissions Office when the "Submit" button at the end of the application is pressed.
- Applicant and parent contact information
- High school address and date of graduation
- Emergency contacts
- Accommodations made in school
- Skills you would like to learn: Academic/career/independent living/social and recreational
- Health information and history including family physician and contact information/health insurance company and policy number/medications
- References and contact information (3)